SLAQ membership offers unique partnership and professional development opportunities, beneficial to individuals and their communities.
Through SLAQ, members can directly engage in the initiation and development of professional learning activities.
SLAQ also offer members unique opportunities to collaborate with their peers and other professional associations within the community. Such collaboration may foster and strengthen relationships amongst Queensland teacher-librarians and assist members to further their careers and help develop their school communities.
Membership is available at personal, school and corporate levels and all members are entitled to:
- Reduced fees for small schools and personal memberships
- State organised quality professional development with recognised Australian and overseas speakers, including newone day PD sessions in 2013 in partnership with the School Library Association of Victoria
- Member discounted rates for SLAQ run professional development and affiliated associations, including reciprocal benefits with SLAV
- Access to the SLAQ website which houses a range of resources for teacher-librarians and school library staff, including the “members only” section.
- Four editions of the SLAQ newsletter, this print publication is mailed to all SLAQ member schools.
- Online access to Synergy via the member’s area of SLAQ. Synergy is a twice-yearly publication produced by SLAV, which provides articles relevant to Australian teacher-librarians.
- Advocacy and representation on a state and national level with education and related bodies
- Access to supportive regional networks
- School nomination for the Brian Bahnisch Award
- Member nomination for the SLAQ Citation Award
- Member nomination for the Queensland Teacher Librarian Award
- Sponsorship of membership entitlements to one disadvantaged school in your region for one year
School and corporate membership entitles two members of staff to attend professional development activities run by the association or its subcommittees at the member rate. The participants are not required to be teacher-librarians.
Annual membership rates
|Fulltime Student / Retired||$70.00|
|School <200 students*||$70.00|
|School 201-500 students*||$145.00|
|School 501-1000 students*||$190.00|
|School >1000 students*||$250.00|
|School with multiple libraries**||$300.00|