A biennial award to recognise an outstanding contribution to the wider field of teacher-librarianship
2012: Mary-Ann Salisbury
The criteria for selection is for outstanding service to teacher-librarianship in Queensland over a significant period of time and may include any of the following, but is not necessarily limited to:
• Raising the profile of teacher-librarianship
• Administration of the association
• Services on a national level
Nature of the award
Recipients will receive an individual plaque.
Process and conditions of acceptance
• The award is made biennially, in the state conference year
• SLAQ members will receive a call for nominations advice by e-mail and be advised of the closing date
• The successful recipient will be advised prior to the announcement to enable adequate notice to attend the conference where the award will be announced
• The recipient's travel and one night's accommodation expenses will be paid by SLAQ if required.
The selection of the winner rests solely with the Awards Committee.
The Award Committee will consist of a minimum of three and a maximum of five people drawn from the following:
• SLAQ awards co-ordinator
• SLAQ president
• SLAQ members co-opted by the president who are either past SLAQ citation recipients or have recognition in the field
If no nomination sufficiently meets the criteria to be deemed worthy of the award, the award may be held in abeyance.
Any current financial member of SLAQ may make nominations.
A nomination form is available below.